From: "Kevin Sanchez" <heliogabalus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:42:17 -0500
Wouter Kusters wrote: "Why should any human being fight for a land? A human being has feet, not roots."
most humyn beings also have homes, being beings-in-the-world instead of islands unto themselves.
- haven't you ever believed something to be 'holy'? haven't you ever felt something so deeply you were willing to fight for it, even if it meant certain death?
- neither jews nor palestinians could outrun their oppressors - they tried and massacres ensued.
- and humyn beings do have roots, because they have brains, and they have collective memories, ethnic identities, cultural traditions and communities to care for.
- perhaps your history is one of colonialists who were willing to leave and thus were willing to force others to leave as well.
- humyn beings as mere isolated egos ('i think therefore i buy&sell') is a rather new creature, neither self-evident or universal.
- in short, do you have eyes?
Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com